Who is rehab for?
Acknowledging you have an addiction is the first step to recovery. Addiction often refers to a physical or psychological need to continually use a substance. Some substances can be highly addicting than others and some people can become addicted to substances depending on factors associated with their mental, physical and lifestyle circumstances.
So, what are the signs and symptoms of addiction?
- Regular or continued substance abuse to cope with factors such as emotional, social, relationship or physical issues.
- Neglecting responsibilities and activities that are important or you enjoy in life.
- Participating in dangerous or risky behaviours as a result of substance use.
- Reliance on the substance to experience a desired effect.
- Withdrawal symptoms when you are not using the substance or needing the substance to feel “normal”.
- Losing control of your substance use and being dependent or unable to stop despite trying.
- Substance use takes over your life.
If these are some of the signs and symptoms you are experiencing, you may need to consider rehabilitation.
Feeling overwhelmed about rehabilitation is completely normal but rehabilitation centres can be used as an avenue to help people recover from their addictions, injuries and any physical and mental illnesses. Rehabilitation centres offer services that focus on withdrawal and ensure there is a relapse prevention process in place.
Some rehabilitation centres can be clinical and impersonal, however our centre provides a relaxed non-clinical retreat-style environment that focuses on the addiction withdrawal process. We specialise in drug and alcohol withdrawal and offer a complete program which includes medical assessment and supervision, counselling, medication, healthy nutrition and relaxation activities.
We value all walks of life and encourage people to get the care and privacy they need to succeed in their journey to sobriety. Whether you are a working professional, an international visitor, or a local, we are with you every step of the way.
If you, or someone you know needs private drug or alcohol addiction management, please don’t hesitate to get in touch https://goldcoastdetoxandrehab.com/